• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

PBC course

ritaw

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CCO Practicoder
does the price include any books/manuals? if not, what do I need for the course? I didn't see it mentioned, but maybe I missed it. thanks.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Textbook and workbook are included - you bring your own manuals to the party. AAPC has best prices on manuals.

ritaw

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CCO Practicoder
what manuals would I need? thanks!

ritaw

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CCO Practicoder
Hello. Well I got my income tax refund today so I'm ready to move forward on this course. I checked out the bundle of books and had a question. you can add the "2014 ICD-10-CM draft" for a discount. Should I go ahead and get this? There is note included that says "These books can be used for AAPC certification exams (except ICD-10 books)." is there a better book to get?

Also, it appears to me that the PBC course covers medical terminology/anatomy. do I need to purchase separate books for that? thanks so much!
Rita

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You don't need the ICD-10-CM draft for the course - not until Jan 2015. You'll need it for the ICD-10-CM proficiency but that will come after you get your CPC. Put that on the back burner for right now. Your coach will work with you on when you need to turn your attention to ICD-10. We look forward to having you as a student!

ritaw

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CCO Practicoder
thanks so much! do I need to purchase any anatomy/medical term books? thanks again.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Oh sorry missed that the first time. It sounds like you're registering for our combo coding course + med term course if that's the case then yes you need to purchase the med term book separate. Sylvia will include the link to a special order page once you enroll which will get you a discount. If you want to see the details of the book on Amazon.com here is the link Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding